Welcome to the temporary home of Hitz Publications!
I am starting a series of eBooks with the first titled:
“A Band Director’s Guide to Everything Tuba: A Collection of Interviews with the Experts”
Available on all four e-Book platforms:
*Format also readable on any computer browser
Who better to provide everything a band director could ever need to know about the tuba than the best tuba players and teachers in the world? From Sam Pilafian talking about how teaching kids to play bass lines can specifically improve your concert band to Pat Sheridan talking about everything from breathing to anatomy to pedagogy, this is a must have collection of interviews for any band director. Each expert talking about their field of expertise geared specifically to help band directors improve their tuba sections and their band programs as a whole. Interviews included in this book:
- Pat Sheridan on breathing, anatomy, marketing, and pedagogy.
- Sam Pilafian on improvising, the importance of chamber music, arranging and mouthpieces.
- Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser on turning your tuba players into leaders while keeping them engaged and challenged.
- Dave Porter, retired US Air Force Band, on his 30 years as a private teacher and starting students on the tuba.
- Greg Biba, middle school band director for 25 years, on preventative maintenance and all things tuba repair.
- Andy Bove, freelance New York City tubist and recording engineer, on recording equipment and techniques.
- Tom Holtz, President’s Own Marine Band, on playing and teaching the sousaphone.
- Steve Dillon, owner of Dillon Music, on his decades of selling tubas and accessories to band programs.
- Kelly Thomas, tuba/euphonium professor at the University of Arizona, on tubas, mouthpieces, and literature as well as switching kids to the tuba from other instruments.
Stay tuned for an e-book on every band instrument. Next up: “A Band Director’s Guide to Everything Trombone: A Collection of Interviews with the Experts” coming soon!